Introduction of Wasif Ali Wasif:
Wasif Ali Wasif Early Life:
Wasif Ali Wasif was born on 15 January 1929, District Khushab in a respectable family. He belonged to Awan clan. His father, Malik Muhammad Arif was a Sufi (Chisti) and educationist. He got his bachelor degree from Govt. College Jhang. Later, he moved to Lahore and passed MA English (literature) from Punjab University Lahore. According to Punjab Gazette, he gave the civil service examination in 1954. Wasif did not join the service.
In 1962, Wasif established “Lahore English college for the teaching of English. He had the great knowledge of Quran and Sunna, “Tasawwuf” and Islamic history. At the same time, he knew the current issues. He tried to explain old Sufi thoughts and made simple for ordinary people. Wasif Ali Wasif loved to read Masnavi Maulana Room and the poetry of Khwaja Ghulam Fareed, who was a great Punjabi poet and the saint of Chishti order. Due to his scholarly knowledge, people gathered around him. In these meetings (Majalis), he explained Islamic virtues and Sufism. He also wrote columns in Nawa-i-Waqt Newspaper with named “GUFTGOO. Hazrat Wasif Ali Wasif died on 18 January 1993 and buried at Miani sb. Bahawalpur Road Lahore.
Wasif Ali Wasif wrote many excellent books on different topics. You can read and download free all Wasif Ali Wasif books from our website.
- Shab e Charagh. (Urdu Poetry book / Shairi)
- Shab e Raaz. (Urdu Poetry book / Shairi)
- Zikar e Habib (Naatia Poetry / Shairi)
- Bhare Bharole (Punjabi Poetry / Shairi)
- Guftagu (Majalis and Column 29 Parts)
- Kiran Kiran Suraj (Urdu articles book / Mazameen)
- Dil Darya Samunder (Urdu essays book / Mazameen)
- Qatra Qatra Qulzam (Urdu collection of essays / Mazameen)
- Harf Harf Haqeeqat (Urdu essay book / Mazameen)
- Baat Se Baat (Urdu essays / Mazameen)
We provided the biography and some useful information about great Sufi writer / author Wasif Ali Wasif. We can say it with full authority that, “He was a great sufi author of Pakistan in the 20th century.”